New Technology : What’s The Best Free OCR or ICR Program For Manuscript Transcription?

best-ocr

Javier Asks: I’m a writer of short stories and tales. I’m looking for a free Optical Character Recognition (OCR) or Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR) program to scan my old manuscripts from images or photographs so I can convert them into Microsoft Word files. Are there any free and accurate programs able to do this? Unfortunately, I don’t have a scanner, but I do have access to a digital camera with a 20 megapixel resolution. Kannon’s Reply: As you’ve already mentioned, there’s several kinds of character recognition technologies that can automatically convert handwritten or typed writing into digital characters. The level of accuracy of...

Read the full article: What’s The Best Free OCR or ICR Program For Manuscript Transcription?



from MakeUseOf http://ift.tt/1TX0bao

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire