New Technology : Could Your Child’s Next Vaccination Be Needle-Free?

needle-free-vacnination

I don’t like needles. When I give blood, I stare at the ceiling and hold my breath. That one scene in Dead Space 2 makes me crawl the walls. I’m not alone here: a Gallup poll notes that fear of needles is the sixth most common phobia, after staples like “heights” and “spiders”. So, when I found out about a new technology that could eliminate the needles from vaccines, I was thrilled. How Vaccines Work Antibodies are special proteins which stick to a specific molecule on the surface of foreign cells, crippling them. The antibodies are produced by B-cells, each of...

Read the full article: Could Your Child’s Next Vaccination Be Needle-Free?



from MakeUseOf http://ift.tt/1JHr0vD

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire